Residential Support Services
There are cases when a person’s disability will hamper him or her from living independently at home. Often, the responsibility of caregiving falls on family members – however, if there was a way to help your loved one to gain self-care skills, would you take such opportunity?
A lot of times, family members are not aware that such program exists and it is funded by the government under the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
At Gateway Unlimited Living, we provide Residential Support Services that enables the individual to remain in his or her home. This is a much preferred alternative for families compared to institutional care which puts distance between them and their loved one while also incurring financial burden on the family.
However, with Residential Support Services, the individual can continue living at home with the habilitation services focused on developing physical, intellectual, mental and social functioning. Habilitation can come in forms such as:
- In-home family support services
- Supported living services (SLS) for children (to be developed)
- Family style home with no more than three other people
- Outside of the biological or adoptive home
- Where the home allows for community integration.
- Supported living services (SLS) for adults
- Adult foster home
- Person’s own place of residence
For consultations on Habilitation Programs, please call 651-387-1191.